Employee turnover on a large scale is any business’s nightmare, as it spikes the cost of human resources and has a negative impact on productivity and other existing employees; new staff need several months before they can competently carry out new responsibilities, besides the added costs of replacing staff members.
As a business owner, preventing such inconveniences means understanding the most common reasons why people choose to leave. The reason is the lack of professional challenges and new experiences within the workplace.
Fortunately, training is one of the most effective methods of ensuring worker loyalty. Here are some benefits that training brings both to your company and its employees:
- Staff feel valued when you offer them the opportunity to complete formal training
- Training increases motivation for work a lot more efficiently because it fosters extrinsic motivation as opposed to waiting for a reward in exchange for business accomplishments.
- Training can be coupled with gamification, and people who have fun at their jobs gain higher workplace satisfaction.
- Training keeps talented staff engaged and motivated
- For many employees, expanding their set of skills is also a source of personal satisfaction, which is often considered more important than professional accomplishments.